Alcohol & Drugs in the Workplace:
What You Need to Know
Don’t miss this very informative Break to Educate where we will be reviewing the key issues an employer faces on implementing and maintaining an effective alcohol and drug free workplace program. Tonica Lathrop, President of Sinnett Consulting, will be covering the following topics:
- Legalizing Marijuana–How it effects the workplace
- Popular illegal drugs being used on the job
- Club drugs
- Synthetic drugs (marijuana and bath salts)
- Abuse of legally prescribed drugs–the epidemic
- Employer testing options
- Most effective way to keep a drug free workplace
- Key elements of drug testing–collection, lab and MRO services
- Beating a drug test–is it possible?
- Drug & alcohol testing–impact on Nevada worker compensation and unemployment compensation claims
- Questions and answers
Tonica Lathrop is the President of Sinnett Consulting Services. She has a degree in Business Management and 20 years of experience in administering Federal DOT, Pipeline, and NTA/PUC compliance programs for over 900 clients. She has also managed general company alcohol and drug compliance programs for employers. Tonica provides mandatory supervisory reasonable suspicion training classes and employee alcohol and drug education programs. She writes, reviews and updates drug and alcohol policies for her clients. Tonica is certified under DOT and DOE Regulations and has served as a panel expert for the Annual Worker’s Compensation Education Conference on drug testing from the employer’s perspective.
The workshop fee is $35.00 and will begin promptly at 11:30. Please arrive ten minutes early for check-in. You are welcome to bring a lunch. Coffee and water will be provided.
Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2016
Time: 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Location: The Bosma Business Center, 401 Ryland St. Reno, NV
Cost: $35.00 per person
To register, please visit http://hrcsinnett.eventbrite.com